PAPER IV - LAW
PART A - STATUTORY LAW (WITH BOOKS)
- Constitution of India.
- The Indian Penal code
(Chapter I to IV, VIII to XI, XVI to XXII).
- The Indian
Evidence Act, 1972
- The Criminal Procedure Code, 1973.
- The Civil Procedure Code, 1908 (Part I - Section 9 to
12, 16 to 20, Part IV -Sections 79 to 82, Part VII - Sections
96,97, 100, 101, Part XI- Sections 132, 133 and 151.
- Important provisions of :
- The Sale of Goods Act, 1930
- The Indian Partnership Act, 1932.
- The Indian Contract Act, 1872.
- The Companies Act, 1956.
- The Indian Carriage of Goods by Sea Act, 1925.
- The Carriage by Air Act, 1972.
- The Stamp Act, 1899.
- The Court Fees Act, 1870.
- The Limitation Act.
- The General Clauses Act.
- The Income Tax Act.
- Ratanlal and Dhirajlal, The code of Criminal Procedure, 13
Edition, 1987. Nagpur, Wadhwa and Co. Pvt. Ltd.
- B.B. Mitra, Code of Criminal Procedure 17 Edition, Vol. I &
II. 1991 Kolkata, Venus Book Distributors.
- Ratanlal and Dhirajlal, The Indian Penal Code, 26th
- Ratanlal and Dhirajlal, The Law of Evidence 17th
Edition 1987. Nagpur, Wadhwa and Co. Pvt. Ltd.
- Sanjiva Rao, The Indian Stamp Act and Rules, Sixth
Edition, 1986, The Law Book Co. (P) Ltd.
- Sanjiva Rao, The Court Fees and Suits Valuation Act,
see latest edition.
- Mitra, Law of Carriage by Sea, 1972, Kolkata, Eastern
- Dr.Avtar Singh, Company Law, 7th Edition 1982
Eastern Book Company, Lucknow.
- Mulla, on the Code of Civil Procedure, 14th Ed. By
JM Shelat and B.J. Diwan, 1989 Bombay, Tripathi.
- Mulla, the Code of Civil Procedure (abridged) 12 Edn.,
by PM Bakshi, 1990 Bombay, Tripathi.
- Durga Das Basu, Shorter Constitution of India, 10th
Edn., 1988, Prentice Hall of India Pvt. Ltd., New Delhi.
- Shukla V., Constitution of India, 8th Edn. By
Mahendra P. Singh, 1990, Eastern Book Company , Lucknow.
- Pollock and Mulla, on the Sale of Goods Act, 5th
Edn. By R.K. Abichandani, 1990, Bombay, Tripathi.
- Mulla, on the Indian Contract Act, 11th Edn. By
Harshander S. Pathak (Students Edn.) 1990, Bombay, Tripathi.
- Pollock and Mulla, The Indian Partnership Act, 5th
Edn. By Abhichandani, 1987, Bombay, Tripathi.
PART B - ADMINISTRATIVE LAW (WITHOUT BOOKS)
- Delegated and sub-delegated legislation.
- Administrative Process - Directions, Powers.
- Administrative adjudication and principles of natural
- Judicial control on administrative authorities and
tribunal - Scope of judicial review.
- Powers of investigation and enquiry.
- Legal liability of Government.
- Principles of Administrative Law - M.P. Jain and S.N. Jain
- Administrative Law -
- Administrative Law - W.R. Wade
- Administrative Law - I.P.Massey, 1989
- An Introduction to Administrative Law - Peter Cane, 1986
- Judicial Review of Administrative Action - S.A. De Smith
- Administration of Natural Justice in India - S.S.Singh