PAPER I - CUSTOMS LAW, TARIFF &
PROCEDURE (WITHOUT BOOKS)
- The Customs Act, 1962
- Rules and Regulations made under the Customs Act, 1962.
- The Customs Tariff Act, 1975 and General Rules for the interpretation of the First
- Notifications issued under the Customs Act,
other than those under Sec. 25 of the Customs Act, 1962.
- Exemption notifications of a general nature issued under Sec.
25 of the Customs Act 1962.
- The Conservation of Foreign
Exchange and Prevention of Smuggling Activities Act, 1974.
- The Prevention of Illicit Traffic in Narcotics Drug &
Psychotropic Substances Act, 1988 and the Smugglers and Foreign
Exchange Manipulators (Forfeiture of Property) Act, 1975.
- The Foreign Exchange Management Act, 1999 (FEMA)
- The provisions relating to Customs incorporated in the latest Finance
- Historical evolution of the basic concepts in
- Important decisions of the
Courts relating to interpretation of the provisions of the
Customs Act, 1962.
- Report of the Taxation Inquiry Commission 1953-54
- Report of the Tariff Revision
Committee, 1966 - Part-I.
- Report of the Study Team on
the Customs Department, 1967 (Parts-I & II).
of the Study Team on leakage of Foreign Exchange through Invoice
- Report of Expert Committee
appointed to suggest ways and means of achieving a more accurate
& scientific forecasting of Customs revenue, 1974.
- Report of the Indirect Taxation Inquiry Committee, 1977 (Parts I
- Commentaries on the Customs Act 1962 by:
- T.P. Mukherjee
- Customs Manuals - Published by the
Directorate of Publicity and Public Relations, Customs &
- Report of Dr. Raja J. Chelliah Tax
- Report of the Rekhi Committee on
PAPER II - CUSTOMS LAW, TARIFF & PROCEDURE (WITH BOOKS)
- The Customs Act, 1962
- The Customs Manuals.
- Customs Valuation (Determination of price of imported goods)
- The Customs Tariff Act, 1975.
The Central Board of Revenue Act, 1963.
- Handbook of
- Import Policy (Policy in
- Export Policy ( -do- )
Foreign Exchange Management Act, 1999.
- Exchange Control
- The Narcotics Drugs & Psychotropic
Substances Act, 1985 (as amended by the Amendment Act of 1988).
- The Prevention of Illicit Traffic in Narcotic Drugs &
Psychotropic Substances Act, 1988.
- Single Convention
on Narcotic Drugs, 1961 & Protocol of 1972.
Convention on Psychotropic Substances, 1971.
- International Convention for Prevention of Drug Abuse and
Suppression of Illicit Trafficking 1988 (Vienna Convention).
- .The Trade and Merchandise Marks Act, 1958.
Aircraft Act, 1934, and the Aircraft Rules made thereunder.
- Aircraft Manual, India.
- The Territorial Waters,
Continental Shelf and Exclusive Economic Zones Act, 1976.
- The Provisional Collection of Taxes Act, 1931.
- Relevant provisions of other Acts as in the Appendix below.
- Central Manuals of the various departments of the Customs
Houses and local supplements, if any.
- The Agricultural Produce (Cess) Act, 1940.
The Agricultural Produce (Marketing & Grading) Act, 1937.
- Ancient Monuments Preservation Act, 1904.
Antiquities and Art Treasures Act, 1972.
- The Arms Act,
1959 and rules made thereunder.
- The Coal Mines
(Conservation & Development) Act, 1974.
- The Coast
Guard Act, 1978.
- The Coasting Vessels Act, 1838.
- The Coir Industries act, 1957.
- The Copy Right Act,
- The Court Fees Act, 1970.
- The Criminal
Procedure Code, 1973.
- The Destructive Insects and Pests
- The Drugs and Cosmetics Act, 1940.
- The Drugs and Magic Remedies (Objectionable Advertisements)
- The Export (Quality Control &
Inspection) Act, 1963.
- The Income Tax Act, 1961.
- The Indian Coffee Act, 1942.
- The Indian Cotton Cess
- The Indian Explosives Act, 1884 and the
Rules made thereunder.
- The Indian Light House Act,
- The Indian Penal Code, 1860.
- The Indian
Merchant Shipping Act, 1958.
- The Indian Ports Act,
- The Indian Post Office Act, 1898.
Iron Ore Mines and Manganese Ore Mines and Chrome Ore Mines
Labour Welfare Cess Act, 1976.
- The Livestock
Importation Act, 1868.
- The Major Port Trusts Act, 1963.
- The Mineral Products (Additional Duties of Excise and Customs)
- The Petroleum Act, 1934.
Prevention of Food Adulteration Act, 1954.
- The Produce
Cess Act, 1966.
- The Rubber Act, 1947.
Smuggling and Foreign Exchange Manipulators (Forfeiture of
Property) Act, 1975.
- The Stamps Act, 1899.
- The Tea Act, 1953.
- The Indian Wildlife (Protection)